Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
The coronavirus outbreak has presented many challenges across the globe and has impacted our daily lives. We have put together this update to explain how these challenges are being addressed at Ogdens Drainage Services Ltd and the impact this will have on our customers.
Ogdens Drainage Services Ltd have taken the decision to continue to operate an emergency call out service 24 hours a day for drain blockages both internally and externally. This will apply to both domestic and commercial customers.
Blockages in toilets, surcharging manhole chambers, gullies and works in severe weather will be prioritised as emergencies due to health and hygiene reasons. We will endeavour to keep all sanitary items such as toilets, sinks, baths, showers and washing machines operational during this time. Please be aware that it will be necessary in some instances to enter properties in order to diagnose and tackle blockages and for our engineers to look in cupboards, behind appliances etc for access to pipework.
We will also endeavour to continue to provide emergency cover for surcharging septic tanks and issues relating to pumped systems. It is likely that we will be operating a single man crew for emergency works.
We are also continuing to operate services related to vermin ingress that poses a hazard to health and wellbeing where vermin are present inside properties. This is currently limited to CCTV survey investigations and installations of vermin blockers. It may be necessary to enter properties in order to carry out emergency remedial works.
We regret at this time that non-essential maintenance works will be postponed until further notice. This includes service cleansing (unless essential to prevent surcharge of sewage or internal flooding), smell investigation (unless it is deemed this is linked to a blockage), and non-emergency excavation and repair.
We will provide an in-depth diagnosis over the telephone at the first instance and ask our customers to provide any photographic evidence where possible. Please do not hesitate to call us if you are in any doubt over a potential blockage situation. We are here to help.
We are taking the following steps to ensure the safety and security of our staff and customers and would appreciate your support with these:
- We are continuing to provide our engineers with hand washing, drying and sanitising facilities as usual and have ensured all our staff are aware of the importance of regular and thorough hand washing in accordance with the current guidance as well as those measures already set out by our Company.
- We are ensuring that vehicles and equipment are kept in a clean and sanitary manner as best as possible with the challenges that are already present within the industry.
- We are asking customers to keep their distance (minimum of 2 metres) from our staff and vehicle / equipment whilst on site at all times. Our engineers will ensure they keep their distance from customers also. We are also asking customers to notify us if they are self-isolating to allow us to assess the risk of us attending and what can always be done to ensure the safety of our staff and customers.
- Where it is deemed necessary to enter a property, social distancing will be adhered to as best as feasibly possible. Boot covers and disposable gloves will be worn at all times and we ask customers to open doors and move items themselves where possible. Disposable overalls are readily available in our vehicles.
- Where external blockages are present, we will where possible ask customers to self-test sanitary items in the property to ensure no secondary blockages are present. We will do so by observing the social distancing measures or over the telephone whilst our engineer is on site.
- Any surcharged sewage will be cleansed as best possible depending on the surface type and removed from site for safe disposal.
- Please do not be offended if our engineers decline any offers of refreshment whilst on site. We want to limit contact and exposure as much as possible.
- Please feel free to ask any questions of us during any process of our works. We will be happy to talk through any concerns you may have and answer questions.
- Our costings for attending site will not change from our current standard fees during this time of uncertainty and we do urge customers to settle any outstanding balances via bank transfer wherever possible. An invoice will be emailed as soon as possible, and payment confirmation will be sent in this way also.
We are continually reviewing the current situation and our operational procedures during this time and will update this statement where changes are required. We thank you in advance for your co-operation and understanding during this matter.
Please continue to get in touch with any enquiries or new work you may require in the future. Thank you.
Ogdens Drainage Services Ltd